MMOA Mission and Aims
MMOA aims to works with professional, experienced and newly qualified MMOs and PAM operators, industry, government agencies, non-government organisations (NGOs) and academics to improve the profession's effectiveness by:
- Developing professional competency.
- Improving collection and use of data.
- Assimilating field experience and knowledge of MMOs.
- Providing a collective voice for MMOs.
- Promoting the MMO profession in the offshore industry.
- Improving protection for marine mammals.
MMOA seek to achieve this through:
- Attendance at relevant conferences and meetings by MMOA spokespersons to represent MMO interests.
- Recognising the skills of professional MMOs, MMO managers and associated consultants and providing MMOs with career development opportunities and advice.
- Encouraging feedback from professional and experienced MMOs and PAM Operators through an online MMO forum.
- Providing a point of contact for advice and consultation on marine mammal mitigation issues, feedback on improving/reviewing guidelines and MMO data collection.
- Improving knowledge of members through an Information Directory
- Working to encourage and promote the systematic collection, collation and analysis of offshore MMO data worldwide.
The MMOA has been formally set up as an Association with a formal Constitution and Executive Committee which has been voted in by the membership. Accounts are formalised through an official Bank Account designed for non-profit organisations with the Cooperative Bank, UK.